Thailand
Continued from Pratchuap Khiri Khan
~ Chumphon~
Jan /05
This morning i woke up early, very early...usually i'm the last one in bed...and the last one out. I needed to wake up and catch the sunsrise this time. I woke Jamie, Ian and Heather up, and we walked down to the beach. There was only one restaurant open so we sat down for some thai rice and seafood. After breakfast we went for a walk down the beach before we decided to catch our train to our next destination.
The beaches on this side are littered with garbage, and if you walk 15 minutes to the other side, they are clean beaches and crystal clear water....its strange. We walked for a good 3 hours or so, and found wierd little creatures and objects washed up on shore along the way.
and there was one thing i saw that i will never forget.
I had decided to walk ahead of everyone to see what i could find first, as i was looking into the distance i saw a large figure of something laying in the sand. I walked faster to get a closer look. I then found myself standing a few feet away from what looked like an animal... when i got up close i reallized that it was a dead dog. I let out a screetch and almost chucked up my breakfast. It was'nt just the fact that it was a dead dog...but the look on it's face that made me scream, i've really never seen a dead decaying animal before...i cant really describe it. I'm sure that people here and many other places see this kind of thing all the time....sometimes i wonder if there is a bigger population of mangie dogs than people....i mean it is very sad and i know there are organizations that try to controll it...but it almost seems impossible to do. When i see these dogs walking around i always end up thinking about my dog jaada. I've cried like a 3 year old a couple times already. There has been so much happening and here i am crying about seeing a dead dog when there are hundreds of thousands of people whitnessing unimagionable things from the Tsunami that happened only miles away from where we are. I feel for all those people...but i will never know what it is like for them to have to watch so much death and destruction. I do not wish that on anyone.
I have not written the exact day of the date today...honestly i don't know...and neither do my friends, we decided not to ask anyone for awhile after we lost track from being on the road all the time, besides times and dates are'nt important right now...just having a good time on this trip together for the next month and a half...because who knows....some of us might never get the chance to come here again.
We will be leaving from Chumpon on a ferry to the island of Koh Tao in the next couple days.......on to the next one.
Julie
~ Chumphon~
Jan /05
This morning i woke up early, very early...usually i'm the last one in bed...and the last one out. I needed to wake up and catch the sunsrise this time. I woke Jamie, Ian and Heather up, and we walked down to the beach. There was only one restaurant open so we sat down for some thai rice and seafood. After breakfast we went for a walk down the beach before we decided to catch our train to our next destination.

The beaches on this side are littered with garbage, and if you walk 15 minutes to the other side, they are clean beaches and crystal clear water....its strange. We walked for a good 3 hours or so, and found wierd little creatures and objects washed up on shore along the way.
and there was one thing i saw that i will never forget.
I had decided to walk ahead of everyone to see what i could find first, as i was looking into the distance i saw a large figure of something laying in the sand. I walked faster to get a closer look. I then found myself standing a few feet away from what looked like an animal... when i got up close i reallized that it was a dead dog. I let out a screetch and almost chucked up my breakfast. It was'nt just the fact that it was a dead dog...but the look on it's face that made me scream, i've really never seen a dead decaying animal before...i cant really describe it. I'm sure that people here and many other places see this kind of thing all the time....sometimes i wonder if there is a bigger population of mangie dogs than people....i mean it is very sad and i know there are organizations that try to controll it...but it almost seems impossible to do. When i see these dogs walking around i always end up thinking about my dog jaada. I've cried like a 3 year old a couple times already. There has been so much happening and here i am crying about seeing a dead dog when there are hundreds of thousands of people whitnessing unimagionable things from the Tsunami that happened only miles away from where we are. I feel for all those people...but i will never know what it is like for them to have to watch so much death and destruction. I do not wish that on anyone.
I have not written the exact day of the date today...honestly i don't know...and neither do my friends, we decided not to ask anyone for awhile after we lost track from being on the road all the time, besides times and dates are'nt important right now...just having a good time on this trip together for the next month and a half...because who knows....some of us might never get the chance to come here again.
We will be leaving from Chumpon on a ferry to the island of Koh Tao in the next couple days.......on to the next one.
Julie
3 Comments:
Awesome, I love reading this stuff!!
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home